As a big fan of elasticsearch, I very often use this extraordinary tool to make POCs, test applications like logstash and Kibana, or more generally, to discover the lastest possibilities allowed by elasticsearch (percolator, aggregations, sharding, scalability,…).
But, it’s often very complicated to set up a full elasticsearch cluster for a POC, a simple test or a dev environment.
On the other side, it’s very easy to use the minimalist configuration set up by default when using elasticsearch, but it’s quickly limited when we want to deal with problematics like:
- Sharding on many physical nodes (routing, filters, rack, …).
- Network cluster configuration (unicast, multicast, ip:port, …)
- Snapshot/recovery configuration
- Specific configurations (load balancer, data nodes et master nodes)
- Network failure simulation
So I decided to create a project allowing everybody who wants to experiment these kind of simulations, to do so:
This project gives you the ability to start a cluster in seconds with a single simple bash command :
You should see something like:
How to start the cluster
Simply clone this repo: https://github.com/ypereirareis/vagrant-elasticsearch-cluster
README.md file instructions.